Zoom Download Windows XP program is a platform for holding conferences, trainings and seminars. In the self-isolation mode, the application allowed employees of firms and government agencies to switch to remote work, and schoolchildren and students to continue their education in secondary and higher educational institutions.
The conference client works on Windows PCs, macOS, Linux, and iOS and Android phones. We advise you to download Zoom to your computer for free using the link from the fan site, study the step-by-step guides published by the fans of the application, and join the ranks of the users of the program.
Young office workers and elderly teachers were able to install Zoom on a PC, tablet or smartphone, enter the application and figure out how to use the program. Even coaches have mastered the videoconferencing client and conduct sports online.
Benefits of Zoom
- Application for iOS and Android. Don’t forget to download ZOOM Cloud Meetings for free on your smartphone and tablet.
- Free 40 minute online meetings. Download the program and organize conferences for 100 participants.
- Webinars and trainings for 1000 people. Activate the Enterprise Plus plan for organizations for $19.99 per month.
- 24-hour meetings. Upgrade to the Professional plan for $14.99 per month and extend your meetings to 24 hours.
- Archive of past events in the cloud. Sign up for a paid subscription and store up to 1 GB of .mp4 or .m4a meeting video in the cloud.
- Record lessons, trainings and seminars. Send a video recording of the conference to participants, publish a video on YouTube, and distribute a link.
- Mobile Internet 3G is not a hindrance. The Zoom platform works stably even with a low Internet connection speed.
- Installation of the video conferencing client is optional. If you do not have right to install programs on a PC, join the meeting in a browser and use Zoom online.
- Participant’s virtual background. Add variety: set up a static or animated background.
- Connection without entering a password. Follow the link and join the training immediately.
- Webinars on old netbooks from ten years ago. The Zoom app will not load the CPU or use all of the computer’s RAM.
- Conference attendee management. Turn the microphone and camera on and off, return the person to the waiting room, and remove violators from the online meeting.
- Advance planning of seminars. Create conferences for upcoming dates, and send out invitations in advance.
- Integration with external services. Integrate the Zoom platform with Google calendar events and contacts and Microsoft Outlook manager.
- Batch download of contacts. Import iOS and Android phone contacts to Zoom.
- Arrange online meetings with one person without time limit.
- Invite seminar participants using the link or conference ID in the messenger and by email.
- Chat in a general chat, send private messages, save the history of correspondence.
- Download Zoom and share files with meeting participants.
- Choose a light or dark chat theme.
- Customize the output of messages and notifications.
- Add people to your Zoom contact list.
- Share the entire computer screen or show the selected program to meeting participants, connect a virtual whiteboard.
- Activate the waiting room and acknowledge the participants.
- Leave notes and comments on the shared screen, save the image to your PC.
How to set up Zoom on your computer and phone
After installing the application and registering an account, proceed to configuring the program. Follow the step-by-step guide to learn how to easily set up Zoom on your phone, tablet and PC, learn how to set up a virtual background, control the speaker and microphone, edit login options and personal information.
How to set a virtual background
Tired of a boring apartment and a boring office? Want to add variety and impress meeting attendees? Set up a static or animated background image in a few clicks and move to the ocean, the Sahara Desert, the Louvre, or the Moon. The virtual background is configured in the computer version of Zoom, the functionality is not available for users of smartphones and tablets.
1. Launch the video conferencing client.
2. Click on the gear in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Go to the “Virtual background” section.
4. Select one of the images offered by the program.
5. Don’t like what Zoom Video Communications, Inc. suggested. Pictures? Click on the “+” icon in the upper right above the preview of the pictures and click on the “Add image” link that appears.
6. In the window that opens, click on the photo or video you like and click “Open”.
7. The Zoom platform will display the user in a static or animated virtual background.
Crop the background image based on the aspect ratio of the webcam. For example, in widescreen 16:9 video, frames of 1280 by 720 px and 1920 by 1080 px will be optimal.
The application automatically detects the main background color of the room, tries to separate the background image from the conference participant, and replaces the background with the selected background.
Sometimes the automatic color determiner Zoom makes a mistake and leaves the natural background unchanged, and instead of a participant in an online meeting, it displays a picture selected by the user. An example of an incorrect definition of the background color is in the screenshot.
To fix the situation, set the color manually. Click on the rectangle filled with a color that the Zoom learning platform has incorrectly identified. The cursor will move to the video preview window. Select a background color that fills most of the background and click the left mouse button.Leave the “I have a green screen” and “Mirror my video” checkboxes unchecked.
How to set up the camcorder
1. Go to app settings.
2. Click on the “Video” menu item.
3. Make sure that the preview window shows the image from the computer’s webcam.
4. If you have unlimited high-speed Internet, check the Enable HD mode box.If you use mobile Internet, and the amount of traffic is limited, do not activate HD mode.
5. Tired and did not have time to put your appearance in order? Activate the “Tweak my appearance” checkbox to smooth wrinkles and improve complexion.
6. Do not check the “Hide participants without video image” checkbox.
7. Set the remaining checkboxes as shown in the screenshot.
How to test your microphone and speaker
1. On the main screen of the program, click on the gear at the top right.
2. Go to the “Sound” section.
3. Click the “Check” button to the right of the word “Speaker”.
4. Click Test to the right of Microphone.
5. The button will change its name to “Record”. Say something to test the microphone.
6. After the test recording is finished, the Zoom platform will rename the button to Play. Click the button to test the microphone.
7. Check the “Automatically join computer audio when joining meeting” box to save time by not clicking the “Join with computer audio” button each time you join an online meeting.
8. The rest of the checkboxes are optimally configured by default, do not change the settings.
If you can’t hear your interlocutors or your colleagues can’t hear you, turn up the speaker and microphone volume.
Checking and fine-tuning the video camera, microphone and speaker are implemented in the computer version of the conference client. The functionality of the ZOOM Cloud Meetings app for iOS and Android is limited.
How to set up my Zoom profile
The user profile is configured on the site.
1. Open zoom.us in a browser and click “Login” in the top menu, or go to the “Profile” section and click the “Edit my profile” button in the app’s settings.
2. Enter your E-mail, password, and security code.
3. Click Sign In.
User avatar upload
The photo is set on the Zoom Video Communications, Inc. website. or in the app settings on your smartphone. Users of the computer version are unable to upload an image through the program interface.
How to set an avatar on a computer
1. Under the little man icon, click the Edit link.
2. In the pop-up window, click “Upload” and select a photo weighing up to 2 MB.
3. Crop the image to make the picture square.
4. Click Save.
How to upload a photo on a smartphone
Users who have downloaded Zoom on Android or iPhone can set a photo in the application settings and not go to the site.
1. Click on the username in the settings.
2. Click on the top menu item “User Photo”.
3. Take a selfie or select a photo from your phone memory.
How to provide personal data
1. Click on the “Edit” link to the right of the name.
2. If necessary, correct the first and last names.
3. Specify the phone number and location, and fill in the fields “Company”, “Department”, and “Position”.
4. Click on the blue “Save Changes” button.
How to change your email and password
Zoom is logged in with email and password, or with Facebook and Google accounts. Smartphone users can click Update Password, enter the old and new passcode, and edit the account.
PC users change the password only through the site. Here is a step-by-step instruction for updating the secret code in the “Profile” section of the website.
1. To change the E-mail, click “Edit” to the right of the “Login E-mail Address” field name.
2. Enter a new email, password, and captcha code, and click on the blue button.
3. To change the password, click “Edit” to the right of the “Login Password” line.
4. Enter the old password and enter the new passcode twice, and click Save Changes.
The duration of the meeting in the free version of Zoom is limited to 40 minutes. To have users reconnect to the online meeting with the same invitation, click the Edit link in the Personal Meeting ID field, check the box, and click the blue button.
How to sign out of Zoom
Remember to log out of the Zoom video conferencing client if there are multiple users on the computer. The developers have provided the ability to exit the application on a PC through the tray icon and the program interface.
Exit the program on the PC through the tray icon
1. Click on the cross to minimize the program to tray.
2. Hover over the blue camera icon and right-click.
3. In the context menu, select Logout or Logout.
When the PC is turned off, the user is automatically logged out of the account.
Logging out through the application interface on the computer
1. On the “Profile” page, click on the avatar to the right of the search block.
2. The system will open a vertical menu on the right side of the program window.
3. Select the penultimate menu item “Exit”.
Signing out of an account on a smartphone
1. Click on the gear in the lower right corner of the screen.
2. Click on the line with the last name and first name.
3. Scroll down the screen.
4. Click on the red “Log out” link.
How to log out simultaneously on all devices
Often, users log in to the video conferencing client under the same account on their phone, tablet, and computer. How to log out of Zoom on all devices at once?
1. Scroll down the Profile page.
2. Click on the “Log out for all devices” link.
3. Click “OK” in the pop-up window.
Cons of the video conferencing client
- High consumption of Internet traffic. When connecting via Megafon or MTS mobile Internet, there is a high probability of exceeding the limit provided by the provider.
- Setting up the program on a computer and a smartphone is different. For example, mobile users can change their first name, last name, and password in the app, while PC users can only change it on the website.
- Too many configuration options. The user performs some of the settings in the program, and some on the application website. It is difficult for inexperienced users to correctly set numerous parameters.
- The developer’s tutorial videos are not translated into Russian.
- The Zoom conferencing platform only provides telephone consultations to corporate customers with a Business and Enterprise subscription. Users of the “Basic” tariff send a request only through the contact form on the site.
- The company does not have an office in the Russian Federation. Zoom employees do not advise users and do not agree on a contract in Russian.
- Information about the cost of paid subscriptions on the site is confusing. The user sees the low price of a monthly subscription and does not understand that the developer is asking $19.99 per month for one organizer.
Zoom Download Windows XP
Click on the below button for Zoom Download Windows XP for free.